USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Developer and Development Manager reserve the right to collect all information which is routinely available through User’s access of the Website and Services. All of this information is valuable to us and will be retained and used for the purposes of providing the information you request from us, improving and analyzing our Website and the product featured on this Website, developing effective marketing strategies, project planning, scheduling visits to our community, managing community planning, sending you notices, promotions or other marketing materials that may be targeted to your interests or preferences, as well as for other purposes in the Developer’s sole discretion. We cannot guarantee that information transmitted through this Website will remain confidential or secure.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The personal information we collect includes: information you directly provide us, information collected through automated methodologies and information collected via third parties. Our use of your information depends on the nature of the information collected.
- Information that directly identifies or is identifiable to you, such as your name, street or e-mail address, and birthday information;
- Information that may be identified with you indirectly, such as your device IP address, mobile device ID, geolocation data, and website usage data from cookies and other internet technologies; and
- Other information associated with you, such as your interests, job, family, personal characteristics, and preferences.
We obtain personal information from a range of source including (but not limited to) the following:
- Information collected through the Services
- Information you submit online (including, but not limited to, filling out forms or requests on the Website, or sending an e-mail message)
- Information you provide when you visit us or participate in our activities;
- Information you provide when responding to our marketing focus groups, surveys, interviews, sweepstakes, and other promotions;
- Information obtained from companies affiliated with Developer and/or Development Manager.
- Home builders (“Home Builders”), realtors, and other companies that provide products and services to home buyers and individuals interested in home building and new community development (collectively, “Business Partners”);
- Market research services;
- Information provided by your friends and associate who submit your contact information; and
- Public and commercial resources.
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect and store data using cookies and other internet technologies. These data include:
- Identification—prior visits to the Website, and other personalized services.
- Device—your IP address, mobile device identification, browser type, operating system, and other usage information from your visit to the Website.
- Usage— browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our Website and other websites, applications, or advertisements.
- Location information—your IP address or mobile device identification transmits general information about your geolocation and you may allow us to obtain more specific geolocation information.
Although the data collected this way may not specifically identify you, they can be combined with other information about your internet activities to identify your interests and preferences.
We also automatically collect information on how the Services are accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic and network data.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies to operate our Services
- Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies for security purposes.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We and our service providers may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Services to, among other things, track the activities of Service users, help us manage content and compile statistics about Service usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
You may sign into and associate your social network accounts, such as Facebook and lnstagram, with our Website.
We disclose certain information (such as your e-mail address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience go here or to opt-out, go to the Facebook ad preferences page)—so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on non-affiliated websites or media (“Custom Audiences”). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other third parties display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below.
You may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and the choices available regarding having information used by DAA member companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your web browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org
RETENTION AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally retain your personal information according to legal and business requirements and for our long-term archives.
We maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the personal information we collect. While the measures we implement are intended to reduce the likelihood of security problems, there is no certainty that our security measures will prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. In particular, we cannot and do not guarantee the confidentiality of any information that you disclose online and transmit to us electronically, and you understand that you do so at your own risk. It is not our intention to collect any credit card, financial or similar information on any visitors to our Website, nor will we ask for social security numbers, taxpayer identification numbers or any similar such information. If you are ever asked to provide such information when using our Website, it will not be from us and you are cautioned that such information should not be provided online under any circumstances other than using credit cards to purchase goods from secure websites which also can be subject to compromise.
Point Hope uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To send you e-mail marketing about our products, services and events.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To send you e-mail marketing about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third-party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to United States and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We may share your information, including personal data, as follows:
Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal data with lenders, auditors and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Policy or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may send periodic promotional e-mails to you. You may opt-out of promotional e-mails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services
Our Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13 or equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided information without your consent, please contact us immediately.
CHANGE OF INFORMATION AND CONTACTING US TO REMOVE YOUR NAME
If you wish to change your contact information, then please resubmit your information through this Website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to be removed from any contact list that is generated from your use of this Website, then please contact us at email@example.com. We will attempt to honor your request, but we cannot guarantee that your contact information will be purged from any or all lists generated as a result of your use of the Website, and we will have no liability under these terms if we do not purge contact information that you provide to us voluntarily.
NOTICES AND RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
California Consumer Privacy Act
Notice of Collection of personal information
No Sale of personal information
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- USAGE DATA
- TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
- USE OF DATA
- TRANSFER OF DATA
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA
California consumers have the right to direct a business not to sell their personal information to others. We may participate in joint marketing programs that involve sharing personal information about customers and prospective customers with home builders, and other business partners that work with us, we believe may be of interest to our customers or complement our products and services. We do not consider these cooperative marketing arrangements to be a sale of your personal information, although we may receive reciprocal services or customer information as part of these arrangements.
In the preceding twelve months, we are not aware of any sales of personal information for monetary or other consideration and have no present plans to do so.
Right to Know about personal information We Collect, Disclose, or Sell
California consumers have the right to request any of the following information from us about personal information collected about the consumer or the consumer’s household during the last 12 months (“Right to Know”):
- The categories of personal information collected.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- For personal information sold or exchanged for value with a third party: categories of personal information and categories of third parties.
- For personal information disclosed to a third party for a business purpose: categories of personal information; and categories of third parties.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you (except for very sensitive personally identifiable information, which we will describe but not transmit).
The process by which we verify and respond to your requests is explained below under “How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request” and “How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request.”
You may submit a Right to Know request here
Right to Deletion of personal information
California consumers have the right to request that we delete any personal information about the consumer which we have collected from you, subject to a range of exclusions permitted by law (“Right to Delete”). For example, we are not required to delete personal information if it is necessary to complete a transaction, reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship, or used internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
Once we receive a request for deletion, and separately confirm that request, we will take reasonable steps to verify the identity and authority of the person submitting the request. If the Right to Delete request is confirmed and verified, we will delete the personal information from our records (and direct our service providers to do the same without any liability for such service providers failure to delete), unless an exclusion applies. If we are unable to fulfill all or part of your request, we will let you know why (for example, if we have a permitted reason to retain certain information if the identity of the requesting person cannot be verified).
The process by which we verify and respond to Right to Delete requests is described below under “How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request” and “How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request.”
You may submit a Right to Delete request here
Right to Designate an Authorized Agent
California consumers have the right to designate an authorized agent to act on their behalf to submit a Right to Know or Right to Delete request, or a request to opt-out from our sale of their personal information (if applicable). An authorized agent may be a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State. An authorized agent must also submit to us written proof of their authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request
California consumers may submit a request to exercise any of their rights described above using any of the following methods:
- By phone: CCPA Notification at 888-769-6002; and
- Right to Know web form: here.
- Right to Delete web form: here.
Please note that in order for a request to be verifiable (including verification of your identity and your California residency), you may be required to confirm information that we have on file for you; including e-mail address, phone number, full name, address and other personal information. We reserve the right to deny a consumer request if the identity or authority of the requesting party cannot be confirmed.
How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request
We will confirm receipt of a Right to Know or Right to Delete request within 10 days and may request additional information necessary to verify that you are permitted to make the request. We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receiving it, subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. If we require more time to respond, we will let you know the reason why and extension period in writing. Please provide either your e-mail address or U.S. Postal address, at your option, so that we may communicate with you.
For a Right to Know request, our response will cover the 12 month period preceding our receipt of the request. If we cannot comply with all or part of your request, we will explain the reasons why. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is useable and should allow you to transmit the information readily from one entity to another entity.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or clearly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Protection from Discrimination for Exercising California Consumer Rights
We will not discriminate against a California consumer for exercising any of the rights described in this section. This means that except as legally permitted we will not:
Financial Incentive Programs
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We are permitted to offer certain financial or service incentives to encourage consumers to provide certain financial information. If we offer a financial or service benefit program to you, we will provide a written description of the material terms of the program to you in a written Notice of Financial Incentive, and you will only be enrolled as a participant if you affirmatively opt-in to the program. You may revoke your opt-in consent at any time. The Notice of Financial Incentive will explain the process for opting-in to participate and withdrawing from the program (opting-out).
California “Shine the Light” Law
YOUR RIGHTS IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
If you are a resident of the European Union, we will process your personal information in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). For information submitted, we are the data controller, as defined under GDPR. In accordance with GDPR, as a data subject you will be accorded with any applicable rights, which may include the following:
- right of confirmation;
- right of access;
- right to rectification;
- right to erasure;
- right of restriction of processing;
- right to data portability;
- right to object;
- right to withdraw data protection consent; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.